This refreshing cucumber elderflower gimlet recipe is made with Hendrick’s gin, St. Germain liqueur, fresh cucumber and lime! Recipe as written below yields 1 cocktail. You can multiply the ingredients and make as many as 3 drinks at once in a large cocktail shaker.
- 1 ½ ounces Hendrick’s gin* (or vodka, if you don’t like gin)
- 1 ounce St. Germain liqueur
- 1 ounce lime juice
- One 2” piece of peeled cucumber, quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise into ¼″ thick pieces (see photos), plus a thinly sliced cucumber round for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in the gin, St. Germain and lime juice. Add the cucumber pieces, securely fasten the lid, and shake like crazy for about 30 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into a martini glass and garnish with a slice of cucumber. Enjoy!
*GIN NOTES: Hendrick’s is perfect for this cocktail since it has notes of cucumber and rose petal. I don’t recommend using a classic dry gin for this drink, unless you really love it.